MTEC is a results-oriented teacher preparation and professional services organization focused upon providing students in all Wisconsin schools with highly qualified teachers who are committed to, connect with and make a vocation of serving children. We connect to the community with a focus upon service and by embracing sustainability practices. To these ends MTEC:
- Offers a teacher certification pathway for bachelor degreed professionals with the passion and fire to teach as well as a pathway for current teachers who seek additional licensure.
- Offers an AmeriCorps service learning program where educators implement community service programs with their students.
- Works with districts, schools and teachers to develop and implement plans that improve classroom practices
- Works with various local organizations to broaden the reach of initiatives that promote sustainability practices.
- Coordinates with district and school administrators to support staffing and professional development goals
News & Announcements
May 13, 2013
Dr. Kirstin Anglea Named Founding Principal Of Milwaukee Environmental Sciences School
The Milwaukee Teacher Education Center (MTEC) is proud to introduce you to Dr. Kirstin Anglea, the new principal of Milwaukee Environmental Sciences, a MPS non-instrumentality charter school. Dr. Anglea brings more than 25 years of experience as an educator and leader, including time as a:
- Teacher in MPS and schools in the Cudahy and Lake Country school districts, where she led efforts to integrate environmental education programming into the curriculum;
- Assistant Principal at Cudahy Middle School, where she was responsible for scheduling, supervision and development of staff, student/family conflict resolution, and defining of the school's mission;
- Assistant Professor and Chair of the Master's of Arts in Teaching program at Cardinal Stritch University in Milwaukee, where she has guided new teacher development and contributed to the design of innovative teacher preparation programs.
Please join us in welcoming Dr. Anglea to her new role! We are confident that her combination of experiences and can-do attitude will provide students and staff with the vision and support they need to achieve and innovate at Milwaukee Environmental Sciences.
February 1, 2013
MPS School Board Approves Lease for Milwaukee Environmental Sciences
At its January meeting the Milwaukee Board of School Directors authorized the administration to enter into a lease agreement with the Milwaukee Teacher Education Center for the use of the former 65th Street school. MTEC intends to open Milwaukee Environmental Sciences, a non-instrumentality charter school at the site.
The school prepares students for success in college or chosen career using the Expeditionary Learning instructional model with a focus on Environmental Sciences. Learn more about Milwaukee Environmental Sciences
View All News & Announcements
Bilingual Endorsement the MTEC Way!
Advance your bilingual students’ learning!
Extend your teaching skills and improve your job marketability!
High School Math Teachers are needed for the 2012 - 2013 school year. Math teacher interns are paid at the teacher rate in effect at the school or…
High School Science Teachers are needed for the 2012 - 2013 school year. Science teacher interns are paid at the teacher rate in effect at the school…
Special Education teachers are needed for the 2012 - 2013 school year. Special Education teacher interns are paid at the teacher rate in effect at the…
Teacher interns are paid at the teacher rate in effect at the school or district where the intern is employed. Qualified applicants must have at least…
MTEC offers an individually customized program for those seeking to acquire an additional WI teaching license. For more information contact the teacher certification administrator by phone at (414) 342-1569 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org